Final Europe Packing List

Here is a full list of all of the things I was ultimately able to fit in my one small backpack and on my person for my trip to Europe (a trip I just returned home from and will be frequently posting about soon!) This list also includes the many layers I wore on the plane to conserve backpack space.


  • 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of shorts (during the trip I had to buy a pair of leggings in addition)
  • 1 lightweight dress
  • 1 maxi skirt
  • 2 tank tops, 1 t shirt (also bought an additional 2 shirts during the trip, but I figured that would happen)
  • 1 floral kimono type thing
  • 1 large soft scarf
  • 1 pullover sweater 
  • 1 swimsuit
  • socks (5 pairs), underwear (5), and bras (3) obviously
  • 1 pair of walking shoes
  • 1 pair of sandals
  • 1 small weekly pill case filled with a few necklaces, rings, and earrings.
  • 2 larger necklaces
  • normal toiletry items (including many band-aids, medications, some makeup, extra contacts, laundry stuff, wrinkle spray, stain remover, etc.)
  • deck of cards
  • mesh bags to separate dirty clothes or categories of clothes within the backpack
  • tablet with tons of e-books on it, as well as Netflix and such
  • 1 mass market sized book (I'm ashamed to admit I barely read during the trip because I kept buying new books)
  • empty travel journal and a variety of pens and markers
  • sleep mask, ear plugs and an inflatable neck pillow
  • empty plastic ziploc bags
  • video camera
  • a lightweight purse that folds up into a tiny pocket
  • chargers and earbuds
  • umbrella
  • folder full of print plane tickets, other tickets, addresses, and other information (by the end it was full of postcards, maps, and other paper items I stole for my notebook)
  • portable charger
  • collapsible water bottles
  • clothesline
  • snacks for the first couple of days
  • travel wallet with all the necessary components

And that's basically everything!  There were several things I ran out of during the trip and had to buy more of (conditioner, twice, and contact solution). A few things weren't used too often, and others I regretted not bringing and had to buy during the trip. And I came home with my second bag full (due to buying books, gifts, and clothes). But if you want an outline for how to pack for a trip like the one I took, how to pack a small backpack for several weeks, or you were just curious how in the hell we did it, here's how! We rolled everything, got rid of stuff that took up too much space, and were prepared to buy things we needed later on. And it worked!

But trust me when I say that it was also a total pain in the ass. We wore the same few outfits over and over which isn't fun, did laundry constantly and still didn't smell great, and had to carry heavy backpacks around way too often. But it was also super worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where Is Your Favorite Place You've Ever Been? (Part 1)

What Should You Expect To Find Here?

Where Is Your Favorite Place You've Ever Been? (Part 2)